|

Monday, May 10, 2004

Africa

I sent Dave off to Africa EARLY Friday morning. The group looked excited and ready to go (as much excitement that you can have at 4:00 am). I'm curious on how they are doing. I'm curious on how Dave is doing. It's so weird to not have him here. I haven't even heard from him via e-mail. They are busy, busy, busy! Once I talk to him; I'm going to encourage him to write something on this blog; so look for postings from him.

I want to start walking in the mornings and memorizing verses. This morning I worked on Romans 12:1 "Therefore, I urge you, brother [and sisters], in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God -- this is your spiritual act of worship"

It's so easy for us to get caught up in being spiritual (praying, speaking in tongues, healing, musical worship) In this verse this gives us a great way to have a "spiritual act of worship" by simply what we do with our bodies....how we spend our time at work (what our bodies are doing), what we consume (junk food), how we drive or physically react to other drivers. In view of God's mercy how can we be more spiritual and worship God better with our bodies??

Food for thought!
Love,
Kara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home